CNC Press brake tooling manufacturer
What does a Press Brake do? A press brake is a piece of bending equipment for sheet metal bends with a set of clamping tools. CNC Press Brake Tooling has L, R, U types, and Z type bends. The top tool has different bend angles like 90, 88, 45, 20, and 15 degrees. The bottom tool has various groove widths of 4 ~ 18V die opening for a single and double groove. the press brake tooling also includes R lower die, acute angle tooling, and flattening die, etc.
How to Choose Press Brake Tooling for air bending
Regarding the press brake tooling selection, Please refer 10 points of solutions we conclude below:
1. Press Brake Tooling adopts fine steel with high heat treatment. It has a character of high hardness and anti-resistance and high pressure. but each sheet metal tool has its limited bending force: ton/meter. so when we use it, we should choose the correct tool length with a bending angle. It means we should calculate how much press increased for every meter. It should not be more than the standard punches as stipulated.
2. To escape damage to the type of tooling, we decide to use a length of more than 300mm as an origin adjustment. we can use the same high punch and die after the adjustment. Segment pieces must not use for the origin adjustment. and the origin press should comply with the Amada model.
3. We should use the same height bending tools during the bending process instead of different height tools.
4 when we bend for hard or thick plates, it is not allowed to bend reinforcement or other cylindrical products.
5. we should bend first 30 degrees for acute bends and then press flat bends for a short flange. and we should choose R punch and Die for Bending Radius.
6. Do not try segment press brake tools for a long piece to reduce the indention. Furthermore, we should use a Single Vee Die, which has a wide R for less indention.
7 when using the mold, the tools shall be selected based on the material hardness, thickness & length. Generally, the lower mold shall be used according to the standard of 5 ~ 6T, and the length shall be longer than the plate. When the material is harder and the thickness is greater, the lower mold with a wider groove shall be used.
8 when selecting the top tool, we should know more about the tools. and then decide what upper die to use according to the product shape to be formed.
9 when using the mold, you should be clear-minded. After the machine aligns the origin, you should lock the upper and lower molds. Don’t let the mold fall down and hurt people or the mold. Pay attention to pressurizing during operation. Don’t add too much pressure at once. Pay attention to the changes in the data displayed on the screen.
10 put the used mold back on the mold frame in time and place it according to the mark. Clean the dust on the mold frequently and apply anti-rust oil to avoid rust and reduce the precision of the mold.